Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Dangers of Mouse Clicking on Summer Nights

Staying awake until the sky turns pale,
When a chorus of birds beckons the coming sun,
I'm listening to love songs,
I swear I'm driving myself to loneliness,
Any sorrow i feel will be my own fault,
No one to blame but myself,
The world awakens in this rare and beautiful hour,
And I am well aware that no one is here to share it with,
No one is here to confirm this reality,
And I'll wait here in my solitude,
Driving myself mad with waiting,
And loving every moment of it,
One true love,
Like the dawn worth waiting for

2 comments:

Our Wings are Burning said...

Pretty sure I could have written this last winter (just change the word in the title).

It's not worth it.

[/negative nancy]

Although you could mean something completely different from how I'm interpreting it (ah, the beauty of poetry :) ).

Forgive the lame comment.

Our Wings are Burning said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Lipstick On My Teeth Copyright © 2011 | Designed by: Mandy